[tor-relays] Good vsp providers

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 02:41:25 UTC 2018

> On Jan 19, 2018 08:07, "niftybunny" <abuse at to-surf-and-protect.net> wrote:
> I got around 80-100mbit with an 200mbit VPS. Please remember: Tor will NOT use all your bw. So this is as good as it gets.

> On 20 Jan 2018, at 01:45, Tyler Johnson <tylrcjhnsn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Even if RelayBandwidthRate is set to maximize the available bandwidth?

Yes.
RelayBandwidthRate is the maximum limit on your relay's traffic.

The bandwidth authorities allocate a consensus weight to your relay
based on the RelayBandwidthRate and measured bandwidth.

Then clients use your relay in proportion to its weight.
This usage is below your RelayBandwidthWeight.

Here are some good reasons why usage isn't 100% :
* Tor needs some extra bandwidth for SSL/TCP/IP, and directory fetches
* Tor usage varies throughout the day
* Networks need reserve bandwidth to provide good latency
* Networks need extra bandwidth to handle extra loads