[tor-relays] updateFallbackDirs.py issues

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 21:03:11 UTC 2018

> On 18 Jan 2018, at 05:18, Toralf Förster <toralf.foerster at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> On 01/16/2018 11:15 PM, teor wrote:
>> * it stops publishing an IPv6 ORPort or IPv4 DirPort,
>> for one or more consensuses, even if it changes back.
> Ick, that was it.
> There was an attempt by me to close ports 80 and 443 of IPv6 for 1 minute to let certbot try to renew the LetsEncrypt certificate over IPv6.

If you need to do this in future, set PublishServerDescriptor 0.
(Your relay automatically uploads its descriptor when you change any ports.)

Or just kill your relay, make the change, and turn it back on.

Or you could use different ports if 80 and 443 conflict.
Tor really doesn't mind what ports you use.