[tor-relays] Has the storm passed?

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Tue Jan 16 08:38:16 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 01:44:25PM +0100, Ana Lucia Cortez wrote:
> About 36 hours ago I tentatively disabled all my firewall rules who
> where limiting connections to my relay.
>
> Everything looks pretty normal, I see no spikes, no errors, no failures.

I think things have gotten a little bit better, but I think it is too soon
to say that things have passed. I'm still seeing the various connection
overloads and circuit overloads that I was seeing earlier.

For those still feeling the memory-bloat pain, I should clean up and share
one of the patches I've been testing, which does something similar to
the iptables rules that teor has been talking about, but does it inside
Tor rather than at the firewall level. This week I hope.

Thanks,
--Roger