[tor-relays] >30% of the Tor network runs outdated version: Consider enabling auto-updates

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 22:35:32 UTC 2018

> On 14 Jan 2018, at 09:18, Iain Learmonth <irl at torproject.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> On 12/01/18 16:05, nusenu wrote:
>> The motivation for this is that there are a lot of relays (>3000)
>> running outdated tor releases.
>>
>> If more operators enable auto-updates the number of outdated tor relays
>> hopefully decreases.
>
> To see what this means in terms of consensus weight, percentage of
> guard, middle and exit probability, Relay Search now offers aggregated
> search by version:
>
> https://atlas.torproject.org/#aggregate/version

Thanks for this feature, Iain!

But I'm not sure how to get outdated versions out of it.

Is there an existing "outdated version" flag we can search on?
For example, some 0.2.9 patch releases are outdated, and some are not.

Will these versions be coming to the advanced search?
Can we add an outdated / current flag to that search?