[tor-relays] what are these spikes

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 22:57:13 UTC 2018

> On 9 Jan 2018, at 09:44, Paul Templeton <paul at coffswifi.net> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> just a query - I get these unusual spikes on https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/867B95CACD64653FEEC4D2CEFC5C49B4620307A7 (have a look at the three month chart) and I notice some of the other AU relays do the same.
>
> can anyone tell me what they are????

Probably your relay becoming the HSDir for a large hidden service.
This extra load lasts for about a day.

It's more noticeable in under-loaded regions, because the relays don't
get as much client load.

We have a map of over-loaded and under-loaded regions now:
Go to https://atlas.torproject.org/#map
And select "consensus weight versus bandwidth".