[tor-relays] collecting info on Wikipedia blocking non-exits

Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen traxplayer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 13:08:54 UTC 2018

On 5 January 2018 at 10:05, Andreas Krey <a.krey at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 15:13:16 +0000, Alison Macrina wrote:
>> Hi friends,
>>
>> I'd like to collect some anecdata about this issue regarding Wikipedia
>> blocking edits from Tor non-exit relays:
>> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/24758

And they are blocking digitalocean /16 block

Your
current IP address is 45.55.xxx.yyy, and the blocked range is
45.55.0.0/16. Please include all above details in any queries you make.
You are currently unable to edit Wikipedia.
You are still able to view pages, but you are not currently able to
edit, move, or create them.
Editing from 45.55.0.0/16 has been blocked (disabled) by
Materialscientist for the following
reason(s):
The IP address that you are currently using has been blocked because it is
believed to be a web host provider. To prevent abuse, web hosts may be
blocked from editing Wikipedia.
You will not be able to edit Wikipedia using a web host provider.