[tor-relays] FreeBSD 11.1 ZFS Tor Image

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 05:13:12 UTC 2018

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 4:05 PM, George <george at queair.net> wrote:
> However, I'd be wary of an image that I didn't build myself, personally.

Yes, especially of image without source [script]
(not to diminish such work).

FreeBSD is largely reproducible these days,
OpenBSD maybe not yet (you'd have to test it).

In general, if anyone wants to offer an image,
they really should also be posting the latest release
from the vendor, then a diff script that recreates
the image, including overlay network bits, etc.
To the user, it's the same choice as using a prebuilt
binary, or the sourcecode.

That routes around any remaining reproducibility
issues in the base OS.

FreeBSD and OpenBSD are trivial to install a
well outfitted box by script. And if you can't
script it, you're not doing it right, try again.