[tor-relays] Upcoming security releases for Tor 0.2.9 and up.

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Wed Feb 21 22:29:00 UTC 2018

> This coming week, we'll be putting out new stable releases for 0.2.9
> and later supported branches to fix a few security bugs.  The
> highest-severity bug to be fixed is severity "medium".  (See
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkTeam/SecurityPolicy
> for information about how we rank security issues.)
>
> These releases will also backport the anti-DoS features from Tor 0.3.3.
>
> Relays and authorities should be sure to upgrade once packages are
> available; these issues are not high-priority for clients.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Since you specifically mentioned new **stable** releases and alpha branches have been
treated differently in the past I was
wondering whether this affects 0.3.3.x as well and if it will
get an update on the same date or if 033 is not affected.

And since you excluded 025LTS (supported until 2018-05-01) I assume it is not affected.

thanks,
nusenu

--
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu