[tor-relays] Relay Search has moved!

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 21:41:05 UTC 2018

> On 17 Feb 2018, at 04:21, Iain Learmonth <irl at torproject.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> On 16/02/18 17:09, nusenu wrote:
>> I guess there is nothing that I can do to convince you of keeping that domain online? :)
>
> What does it break if it goes away?

Everyone who has ever linked to a relay on a mailing list message, forum
question, or in their bookmarks.

It also breaks muscle memory.

> We don't want to keep it around forever, but we also don't want to turn
> it off if there are some things that could be fixed keeping it on for
> another month or two.

You will never be able to fix third-party links in a systematic way.

Why would you choose to break them?
Does it take a lot of effort or resources to keep the redirect in place?

> The reason there's no date set at the moment is it's just not clear yet
> how many URLs need updating in documentation and other codebases.

I don't understand why we can't just leave the redirect in place, and
fix things gradually.