[tor-relays] bridge questions

Jonathan Marquardt mail at parckwart.de
Wed Feb 14 01:04:22 UTC 2018

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 04:49:28PM -0800, Arisbe wrote:
> I have several quick question:  Can bridges use an IPv6 ORPort? Is there any
> advantage to adding this to my bridges?  Has anyone actually seen IPv6
> connections on a bridge?

It is possible to enable IPv6 for your bridges ORPort.

Like this for example:

ORPort 443
ORPort [2a02:c207:3002:5060::1]:443

The first entry enables your IPv4 ORPort, the second does it for IPv6. You
need to manually enter your server's reachable IPv6 address there.

As you can see here, there a many bridges with an IPv6 ORPort:
https://metrics.torproject.org/bridges-ipv6.html

The advantage is that users can connect to your bridge using IPv6 obviously.
The amount of users doing is around 1000, as you can see here:
https://metrics.torproject.org/userstats-bridge-version.html?version=v6

It's always a good idea to have a look at some of the Tor Metrics. It can give
you some valueable insights.
--
OpenPGP Key: 47BC7DE83D462E8BED18AA861224DBD299A4F5F3
             https://www.parckwart.de/pgp_key