[tor-relays] Publishing bridge contact information

entensaison at use.startmail.com entensaison at use.startmail.com
Mon Feb 12 18:58:58 UTC 2018

Am Montag, 12. Februar 2018 um 12:33 schrieb nusenu
<nusenu-lists at riseup.net>:

>>> If you block the ORPort, won't the reachability check fail?
>> Fine question. At least this has been the case in the past, though I
>> know there was discussion and maybe development to overcome this
>> weakness. But even if it's not possible yet, having bridge contact
>> information would allow us in the _future_ to reach out to bridge
>> operators to inform them that they don't have to keep their OR port
>> open
>> anymore, and maybe even shouldn't.

Sorry, I'm not sure where to ask this questions
but reading this thread I realizes that I misunderstood this howto:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/PluggableTransports/obfs4proxy

Is it necessary for the ExtOrPort to be random?
Does the port change automatically?
Is it possible to specify the port?

And how can the wiki pages be changed?

Thanks :)