[tor-relays] torservers are not rechable

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun Feb 11 15:35:16 UTC 2018

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 04:24:26PM +0100, TorGate wrote:
> Hi to all,
> i have started my servers again and changed the wan ip adress.
> But the servers have the old ip after uptime of 2 times.
> Can i update manualy the wan ips ?
> The dns names are changed to the new ipadresses.

Thanks for running relays! (If you are running more than one relay, be
sure to set Contactinfo and Myfamily for each of them, to help everybody
know that they're run by the same person.)

If Tor isn't automatically guessing your address correctly, you
can set it manually using the "Address" line in your torrc file.

You can set "Address" to an IP address directly, which is most stable,
or you can set it to a dns name if your IP address will be changing often.

If you don't set Address, Tor ought to give you notice-level log lines like

Feb 11 10:32:57.692 [notice] Guessed our IP address as 74.109.9.8 (source: 128.31.0.34).

which might provide some hint for you about why it's guessing wrong.

--Roger