[tor-relays] How to use a bridge configured with "ORport auto" within Tails?

Matt Traudt pastly at torproject.org
Thu Dec 20 14:13:24 UTC 2018

On 12/20/18 08:56, Toralf Förster wrote:
> The Tails installer asked me for the bridge line (a bridge maintained by myself), but didn't accepted the ":auto" behind the ip address.
>
> I do wonder how to proceed?

"ORPort auto" means let Tor pick. It picks at random (technically, I
think it lets the kernel pick and the kernel picks at random, but the
outcome is the same).

So you need to check Tor's logs on the bridge to see what it picked.
Asking Tor over its ControlPort is another option, albeit more advanced.
Look in the logs.

Matt