[tor-relays] Extreme Exit Policy

gerard at bulger.co.uk gerard at bulger.co.uk
Mon Dec 17 23:40:05 UTC 2018

I always blocked the obvious abuse ports, but for reasons I do not know, blocking port 80 except to a few subnets, abolished complaints about my exits.  I widened the number of subnets and complaints started again, so put restrictions back.

443 wide open, along with very wide range of ports and most high numbers.  I am puzzled that port 80 attracts the abuse complaints.  Is it because the port 80 traffic is more easily read by agencies sniffing for bad things and copyright infringements?

Gerry