[tor-relays] IP addresses on the list

teor teor at riseup.net
Wed Dec 5 00:20:45 UTC 2018

> On 5 Dec 2018, at 00:20, Charly Ghislain <charlyghislain at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am also questioning myself whether addresses should be printed in log files altogether. Maybe even with the unsafe flag on - at least for released versions. If one wants to know which ip is connecting to her bridge, she can use whatever network capture software already existing.

Tor has a SafeLogging option that's on by default.

But deciding which information to redact is a tradeoff. If users need help,
we usually need to know which bridges or relays they are connecting to.

If there's information in the logs that you think we should put behind SafeLogging,
let us know here, or log a ticket on https://trac.torproject.org under Core Tor/Tor.