[tor-relays] Who is permanently checking my bridge relay?

Nathaniel Suchy me at lunorian.is
Tue Dec 4 17:32:23 UTC 2018

For adversaries such as an authoritarian government. They have the capability to port scan every host on the internet and then try to connect with Tor Protocol to every port and then block suspected bridges automatically. The Chinese government could easily tell China Unicom to let us send traffic across all of your IP Ranges at random and they would have to comply. If this is your threat model a Private OBFS4Proxy Bridge (not published in BridgeDB and blocking the ORPort (only allow the OBFS4 Port) might be a better solution for you :)

Cordially,
Nathaniel Suchy

Dec 4, 2018, 8:43 AM by charlyghislain at gmail.com: