[tor-relays] Who is permanently checking my bridge relay?

Logforme m7527 at abc.se
Tue Dec 4 15:48:54 UTC 2018

On 2018-12-04 16:33:33, tschador at posteo.de wrote:

>Furthermore it was clear for me that fix periods of 21 min 21 sec
>couldn't be a normal client. Missing more information about bridge
>directory authority …

>From https://blog.torproject.org/new-bridge-authority:
"The Bridge Authority is a simple but essential piece of the Tor
Network. Unlike the other directory authorities, the Bridge Authority
does not get a vote in Tor's consensus protocol. Instead, it serves to
aggregate relay descriptors which Tor Bridges send to it, checking their
cryptographic validity and testing that the Bridges' ORPorts within
these descriptors are reachable"

The last part is what causes the connections you see