[tor-relays] Who is permanently checking my bridge relay?

George george at queair.net
Tue Dec 4 13:59:00 UTC 2018

Charly Ghislain:
> If it wasn't, would posting the ip address of a client connecting to a
> bridge in here compromise her anonymity and/or allow one to
> firewall/blacklist her traffic?

Valid point Charly.  IP addresses from bridges shouldn't be posted here.

I was stunned that someone actually noticed that in their logs in the
first place. It's nice to see someone at least browsing their logs :)

> Im assuming one could guess the ip address of the running bridge based on
> the poster email address.

Few people use their Tor nodes as mail servers, and regardless, it's a
bad idea to run any other services on the same IP/hardware as a Tor node.

The OP was using @posteo.de which is a common email provider, regardless.

34A6 0A1F F8EF B465 866F F0C5 5D92 1FD1 ECF6 1682