[tor-relays] Announcement: Relay operator meetings on IRC

Colin Childs colin at torproject.org
Thu Aug 30 20:36:03 UTC 2018

Hello Tor relay operators!

Starting September 11th @ 1:00AM UTC, we will be piloting regular relay operator meetings in #tor-relays on irc.oftc.net. These meetings will be an opportunity to introduce yourself to the operator community, make new contacts and provide updates to the group on the status of your relays. This will also be an opportunity to have questions answered by a group of dedicated relay operators, community members and Tor Project staff.

For everyone overseas, we will be hosting a second meeting on September 25th @ 19:00 UTC.

After these initial two meetings, we will evaluate if these dates / times need to be adjusted, as well as how frequently these meetings should be run. I will send a follow-up email at the end of September with the results of that evaluation.

On the Monday of meeting weeks, I will send a reminder on this list with the channel, date and time.

I look forward to seeing you all there, and thank you for running relays!