[tor-relays] Abuse Complaints

Zack Weinberg zackw at cmu.edu
Wed Aug 29 15:06:30 UTC 2018

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 9:32 AM Nathaniel Suchy <me at lunorian.is> wrote:

> Almost never if you use the reduced exit policy or the browser only policy (only allowing 80,443,53).

I only run one exit relay, but this is also my experience.  I use the
reduced exit policy and also blacklist port 22 (SSH) and I haven't had
any complaints in some time.  However, the last time I tried opening
up SSH, I _immediately_ got a half-dozen complaints about
port-scanning.  It's too bad; SSH is something people have good
reasons to want to use over Tor.  But I don't have time to respond to
multiple complaints per day, so.

zw