[tor-relays] Avoiding Off-Topic Posts

teor teor at riseup.net
Tue Aug 28 02:23:17 UTC 2018

Hi,

A healthy, robust, and growing tor network needs a lot of different
ways to run tor relays. Focusing on one or two models creates single
points of failure.

So we encourage individual volunteers, organisations, donations, paid
services, and researchers: as long as they operate ethically and
prioritise user safety.

That said, this list is for "support and questions about running Tor
relays".

In future, please:
* keep on topic, we are here to help each other run Tor relays
* make sure each post contains new, useful information.
  You can search the archives before posting:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/
* avoid promoting or criticising the same providers more than once
  a month
* deal with commercial / payment issues off-list

But you should feel free to ask questions about operating relays at
any time.

teor

Please reply @torproject.org
New subkeys 1 July 2018