[tor-relays] 4 of Conrad Rockenhaus trial servers are in the top ten exit relays for Canada

Jordan jordan at yui.cat
Tue Aug 28 00:17:51 UTC 2018

> That is an interesting question. Conrad's hosting operation is an
> extreme case, certainly. But consider two independently operated VPS
> relays in the same Digital Ocean data center, with arbitrarily similar
> IP addresses. And consider that both are vulnerable to compromise by
> Digital Ocean staff. Should they be part of the same family?

No, because Digital Ocean doesn't market itself as a relay hoster-- the
percentage of relay-hosting clients wouldn't even near 0.1%.

On the other hand, if all (or the majority) of your operation contends
on your customers hosting relays, I recommend they exist under the same
family.

--
Jordan
https://yui.cat/