[tor-relays] 4 of Conrad Rockenhaus trial servers are in the top ten exit relays for Canada

Jordan jordan at yui.cat
Mon Aug 27 23:42:29 UTC 2018

I'd be much more supportive of the typical "donate x to have a relay
hosted for you" [1][2] rather than "host a relay with us" without
maintaining them under the same family.

If relays are running on his machines and he has access to relay keys,
the person who installs Tor via pkg and starts it is hardly considered
an operator.

If 100% if your clients are hosting relays, you are the operator.

Just my two cents.

[1] https://emeraldonion.org/donate/
[2] https://www.torservers.net/donate.html

On 8/27/2018 10:11 AM, zimmer linux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to let you know that following on with the one month trial with tor
> exit relays that Conrad kindly offered, at least four of his exit relays
> are now in the top 10 listing for Canada, out of 68 Canadian exit relays.
>
> https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#search/country:ca%20flag:exit
>
> Well done to Conrad - I say. The more, the merrier.
>
> If you want any help with setting up your own FreeBSD tor exit relay,
> feel free to contact me off list.
>
> Zim

Jordan
https://yui.cat/