[tor-relays] 4 of Conrad Rockenhaus trial servers are in the top ten exit relays for Canada

Ralph Seichter m16+tor at monksofcool.net
Mon Aug 27 22:12:16 UTC 2018

On 27.08.2018 23:00, Conrad Rockenhaus wrote:

> You had a custom Gentoo Image, just for you, deployed, which you were
> quite happy with, and now you have the audacity to slander Nathaniel’s
> and I’s work?

Oh my, slander. Let's see:

  Slander: noun [ C or U ] UK ​/ˈslɑːn.dər/ US /ˈslæn.dɚ/​ a false
  spoken statement about someone that damages their reputation,
  or the making of such a statement.

Nope, no slander. No "fake news" either.

If you take the time to search your memory, you'll find that I actually
set up the Gentoo image myself and then agreed to let you make a copy of
it for your own use.

You know exactly what happened, and what with you using this forum to
advertise, I thought it best to add my own opinion here as well, because
not all is well and rosy. Oh, and I only take umbrage at your conduct,
not Nathaniel's, with whom I did not have any direct dealings. Since you
told me that you two are the whole staff of GreyPony IT, and since
you're the owner, it is a weighty reason for me to avoid business with
you.

I know one should not attribute to malice what can be just as well be
explained with incompetence, but either way, I don't feel comfortable
with the situation. Your outburst only confirms that I made the right
decision. I have been in this business for more than 35 years, and while
it is good policy to give amateurs a chance, I usually choose to work
with professionals. That's *my* choice, nobody else has to share it, but
I can heartily recommend it if money is involved.

-Ralph