[tor-relays] Congrats to Nullvoid

Conrad Rockenhaus conrad at rockenhaus.com
Sun Aug 26 20:40:21 UTC 2018

> On Aug 26, 2018, at 12:43 PM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 8/26/18, nusenu <nusenu-lists at riseup.net> wrote:
>> Conrad Rockenhaus:
>>> I just wanted to say congratulations to Nullvoid, who is currently running
>>> the second fastest exit in France in my colo in Europe.
>
>> allowing port 25 on purpose or accidentally?
>
> Either way, up to the operator, some do it for the lols.
>
>>> Also, go FreeBSD!
>>
>> consider updating that tor version
>
> Not a problem with FreeBSD.
>
> Switch over to https and latest...
>
> /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf:
>
>  url: "pkg+https://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest",
>
> and run 'pkg upgrade' .
>
> If it's a shared box, you probably also want
> devcpu-data,  and optionally cpupdate.

Luckily, the instances aren’t running on shared boxes, each user runs on their own XenServer HVM instance, so they have dedicated control of their own instance. What Nullvoid does is basically up to him at this point, but I strongly agree with the recommendations that everyone is recommending.

-Conrad