[tor-relays] Individual Operator Exit Probability Threshold

Conrad Rockenhaus conrad at rockenhaus.com
Sat Aug 25 15:24:29 UTC 2018

> On Aug 25, 2018, at 8:39 AM, livak <livak at protonmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks "I",
>
> About finding sponsors for high speed exits, it could be nice
> to gather ideas.
> On the other side, if someone wants to contact me to develop
> the idea, I'm ready for it.
>
> Livak
>

> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

The first thing corporate sponsors always ask when you ask them for money (or services in kind), and I know this as I have done nonprofit work in the past after I retired from the US Navy, is the following question, paraphrased for brevity:

“What skin are you going to have in the game?”

You’re not going to administer a relay for multiple hours each day, how many hours are you going to spend fundraising for this project each day, oh and you’re running something that has the chance to give us bad publicity anyway (to the average user of XYZ Internet Services.)

More times than not, accepting something for donation is more work than just purchasing it yourself, or getting a person or two together and pooling your money together. Things can be cheaper in the long run, just my $0.02 from experience.

I do wish you success in developing this idea though, I really do. Don’t consider this me crapping all over your idea, just consider this practical experience from me having the door slammed in my face numerous times while trying to help inner city youth with technology, a noble goal that still resulted in many door slams.

Thanks,

Conrad