[tor-relays] Yay, Complaints

Conrad Rockenhaus conrad at rockenhaus.com
Thu Aug 23 23:56:49 UTC 2018

> On Aug 23, 2018, at 6:20 PM, I <beatthebastards at inbox.com> wrote:
>
> When I've met the same attitude I've had some luck by immediately saying they could wipe the hard drive to exterminate all devils, and even give me a different ip address, to show my interest in keeping our relationship going. I told them torrenting is not what tor's for and I want to get rid of them as much as anybody.
>
> Since they didn't comprehend or listen properly to the longer sensible explanation it was surprising that they liked the simple story.
>
> Rob

This mainly seemed to be an issue of miscommunication - I had one party that I was in communication with at the beginning who said that this was going to be a perfectly okay endeavor, equipment gets plugged in, day one passes with a couple of abuse complaints, no problems. Day two comes around, and a new guy comes in. That’s when it hit the fan.

They listened to reason and that was good enough with me. This gives me a chance to repair the relationship to the point where I can eventually open the relays back up at some point. In fact, they’ve stated that they don’t care if the relays are completely open, they just don’t want to deal with the complaints. If Irdeto actually followed emailed me per the ARIN database (like the other complaining parties did today), there wouldn’t be any problem. The problem lays with the fact that Irdeto has consistently decided to disregard the fact that these IPs are reassigned and just emails the upstream, probably because they know they would get more of a reaction that way.

Thanks,

Conrad