[tor-relays] Snowflake PT

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Thu Aug 23 00:16:45 UTC 2018

On 08/22/2018 04:17 PM, teor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don’t know about the current deployment plan for Snowflake, but I
> can point you to the relevant parts of the git repository:
>
>> On 22 Aug 2018, at 07:58, Nathaniel Suchy <me at lunorian.is> wrote:
>>
>> Tor Browser 8 Alpha includes the Snowflake PT as it comes near a final release, the adoption and usage of the Snowflake PT will continue to rise. I now have the following questions...
>>
>> 1) Will a command line tool like an obfs4proxy come out so those of us with infrastructure can run high capacity snowflake bridges.
>
> Like Meek, Snowflake is a 3-component transport:
>
> User -> Proxy -> Bridge

I've read some of the Snowflake documentation. But I've found it
confusing. I vaguely recall that Snowflake came up in a recent Tor
browser install. And I vaguely recall that there was an option to act as
a Snowflake proxy, via WebRTC. Is that true? And if so, what IP address
would be exposed? Would it be the IP address of the device running Tor
browser? That would be rather iffy. Almost like inviting users to run
relays, no? But perhaps I'm just confused.