[tor-relays] Cloudflare Onions Beta and Network Stability

Alec Muffett alec.muffett at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 06:44:40 UTC 2018

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 at 07:09, DaKnOb <daknob at daknob.net> wrote:
> Also, I don’t think Cloudflare spent so much time in engineering, just to
take down Tor..

I've known people at Cloudflare talking about doing something like this for
2+ years, and the goal has been to do something nice for Tor and to make it
easier for normal people to adopt Onion networking.

I think that it'd be a great idea for more companies to adopt Onion
networking, as outlined in my video at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd7YKamsliI

That goal is not helped by people jumping into the conversation with
implausible scenarios that are not even grounded in reasonable common
sense.

And: if there are arbitrary limits which could be practically exploited to
"Br1ng Tor D0wn!!!1!ONE" then I am pretty sure that they will be exploited
by the state security apparatuses of the world, well-before actual
legitimate usage will reach them.

  - alec

--
http://dropsafe.crypticide.com/aboutalecm