[tor-relays] Cloudflare Onions Beta and Network Stability

Nathaniel Suchy me at lunorian.is
Mon Aug 20 21:20:46 UTC 2018

In the name of improving security, let's pretend Cloudflare is acting,
without a shadow of doubt, in full malice. They want to get every
Cloudflare website onion service as fast as possible. That would create a
huge amount of circuits and I worry about whether the network can handle
it. What information do we have on this? Right now Cloudflare could, in
theory, I am not saying that they will, flip a switch and could cause quite
the strain on the Tor Network.