[tor-relays] question related to consensus weight fraction calculation

teor teor at riseup.net
Sun Aug 19 16:11:31 UTC 2018

> On 19 Aug 2018, at 22:29, nusenu <nusenu-lists at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> Toralf Förster:
>> One possible explanation could be that most of the network growth was
>> made at the same AS as where I do reside?
>
> AS is not taken into account for path selection but same /16 IPv4 netblock and same family is.

Bandwidth authorities do not use these client path selection rules.
(Bandwidth authorities select paths based on the Exit flag, and previous bandwidths.)

Client path selection does change relay bandwidth, which then changes:
* the residual relay bandwidth available for measurements, and
* the scaling applied to raw bandwidth measurements.
But these factors tend to cancel each other out.