[tor-relays] Random Relay Reset On Mac OS + OS Support Question

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 19:37:01 UTC 2018

Hello,

So something strange happened recently with my relay running on Mac OS via homebrew at https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/DB1AF6477BB276B6EA5E72132684096EEE779D30

Just this morning, my relays uptime had been reset to 0 days. When I checked the software it indeed said the uptime was back to six hours. This is odd as I did not reset thee software within the last 24 hours (that I remember), there was a brief time when my network went down due to an ISP glitch however has been working fine ever since. I am wondering, do newer versions of the tor relay software automatically reset if they detect the internet is unreachable?

I also have one more question, around when does tor / homebrew drop support for older versions of an OS? I am asking this because the computer that runs this relay is a 2011 iMac, and Apple has confirmed  it will run the new MacOS coming this year (Movari) however versions of macos afterwards are unconfirmed.

Thanks all.