[tor-relays] ExoneraTor has moved to Tor Metrics; [release] ExoneraTor 3.0.0

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Tue Aug 14 19:24:55 UTC 2018

Hi,

the ExoneraTor service (where one can "enter an IP address and date to
find out whether that address was used as a Tor relay") has moved to the
Tor Metrics website:

  https://metrics.torproject.org/exonerator.html

Requests to the previous location are automatically redirected to the
new location, which includes all permanent links written/printed on
previous lookup results.

The current plan is to leave redirects in place for the next 6 to 12
months, but if there's a good reason to keep them for longer, please let
us know.

Just in case you're wondering why we're making this change, it is part
of a more long-term effort to bundle all user-facing Tor Metrics content
on the Tor Metrics website. Over the past months and years this has
affected the Onionoo protocol specification, CollecTor files, the Relay
Search service, and now the ExoneraTor service, all of which have been
moved over to the Tor Metrics website.

At the same time of changing the location of Exonerator, we're releasing
ExoneraTor 3.0.0 which redirects all requests to Tor Metrics. However,
redirects can easily be disabled in src/main/resources/web.xml, if
requests are supposed to be handled locally.

Please direct any comments or questions to the (public) metrics-team
mailing list: