[tor-relays] Could/should I run a bw scanner authority?

gustavo panizzo gfa at zumbi.xyz
Sun Aug 12 12:09:44 UTC 2018

Hello

I run a relay (milanese) and an exit (sorrentini), both are located in
Asia so the bw authority measures of their bw are not great.

In one of the sites where i run this relays i have spare bandwidth
to use (and i can't run an exit there) I'm thinking on running a
bw authority to help mine and other's relays in Asia

It is feasible to do that? Could a "regular" relay administrator run bw
auth?
Would somebody running a directory auth would scan my bw auth to check the results?

How hard is the maintenance of this service?  The setup is more complex
than a relay but nothing that i cannot handle. However i wonder about
the ongoing maintenance.
I'd run it on a VM on Linode, I don't have access to physical hw

thanks!

--
IRC: gfa
GPG: 0X44BB1BA79F6C6333