[tor-relays] AS awareness

Tony Peck tonypeck at hushmail.com
Thu Aug 2 20:26:15 UTC 2018

This is my public keyfile.  I know this doesn't relate to this message
but I couldn't find an actual email address to send it to.
I want to run a bridge relay but   am having trouble setting it up.

On 8/2/2018 at 6:05 AM, conrad at rockenhaus.com wrote:I did want to note
one thing about these big ASes... sure, they may be big ASes, but they
are still lacking in one major area - Exits.

OVH has almost 4.5 Gbit/s of relay bandwidth available within the AS.
However, if you search for exits, that rapidly drops to just under 750
mbit/s.

I'm more than positive all of the other big ASes are the same way.

A little off topic, but it just amazes me how much exit capacity these
sites actually have, but people aren't willing to sign up for services
whose TOS permits running an exit (or can't afford it), so they run a
relay at an overly saturated site.

Thanks,

Conrad

--
Conrad Rockenhaus
Fingerprint: 8049 CDBA C385 C451 3348 776D 0F72 F2B5 26DA E93F