[tor-relays] Question regarding variables in torrc

Michael Brodhead mkb_cbr at mac.com
Thu Aug 2 16:42:27 UTC 2018

I found this templating tool really easy to use for my torrc:

https://github.com/tests-always-included/mo <https://github.com/tests-always-included/mo>

Invocation is like so:

NICKNAME=$NICKNAME mo /tmp/host-config/torrc.mo > /tor/etc/torrc

And the corresponding torrc line is:

Nickname {{NICKNAME}}

IPv6 would work the same way.

—mkb