[tor-relays] AS awareness

Isaac Grover, Aileron I.T. igrover at aileronit.com
Thu Aug 2 09:54:17 UTC 2018

Hi Conrad,

Back in 2017 I used atlas to find lowly represented ASs and countries with regards to exits, sought out hosting providers in those areas, contacted each of them to determine if Tor exits were allowed per their TOS, and based on those responses, set up four exits with a restrictive policy all in different countries with different providers, and they were all shut down within two months. When asked why, each of them basically responded the same: 'we didn't know what a Tor exit was when you first asked'.  So the challenge isn't necessarily that exits are or aren't allowed, but rather the providers haven't been properly educated or use a boilerplate TOS without proper vetting.

Make your day great,
Isaac Grover, Senior I.T. Consultant
Aileron I.T. - "Practical & Proactive I.T. Solutions"

Office: 715-377-0440, Fax:715-690-1029, Web: www.aileronit.com