[tor-relays] Question regarding variables in torrc

conrad at rockenhaus.com conrad at rockenhaus.com
Thu Aug 2 05:54:29 UTC 2018

Hello All,

I haven't had a chance to experiment with it yet, but can I source a
variable from the tor startup script, let's say the IPv6 address of an
instance, and define that within torrc as follows

ORPort [$Instance_IPv6_ADDR]:443

I'm sure if it's possible it would of already been done. I just wanted to
see if there was an easy fix for simplifying templates for end users.

Thanks,

Conrad

--
Conrad Rockenhaus
Fingerprint: 8049 CDBA C385 C451 3348 776D 0F72 F2B5 26DA E93F