[tor-relays] What's the timeline for a Tor relay to start routing a large amount of traffic?

Nathaniel Suchy (Lunorian) me at lunorian.is
Fri Apr 27 19:07:33 UTC 2018

Thank you Matt for your rapid response. My Scaleway hosted exits have a
200Mb/s port and I want to provide as much bandwidth and relay as much
traffic as possible out of the port speed.

I've been told it's better to run eight small relays than one large
relay (diversity of the network) and I'm currently running three small
exits. I'd be happy if even each relay could reach just 50Mb/s worth of
transfer or close to. I want each relay to reach its maximum potential.

Next up, my provider Scaleway offers x86, ARM, and ARM64 CPUs, which
type works the best for high traffic Tor Relays?

Cheers,
Nathaniel Suchy