[tor-relays] FW: Relay unreachable by authorities (Was: Re:Questiononrelay allowed downtime)

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 23:09:29 UTC 2018

From: Keifer Bly
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2018 4:08 PM
To: tor-relays at lists.torproject.org
Subject: FW: [tor-relays] Relay unreachable by authorities (Was: Re:Questiononrelay allowed downtime)

From: Keifer Bly
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2018 4:01 PM
To: tor-relays at lists.torproject.org

That’s what’s strange. I have double checked the tor logs and the only  warning that appears is the “tor cannot help you if you use it wrong” warning; that’s the only one that appears. I did some research, and according to
https://serverfault.com/questions/145907/does-mac-os-x-throttle-the-rate-of-socket-creation, Mac os does have a maximum amount of network connections it does allow at once.

To find mine out, I tried running this in terminal

Launchctl limit maxfiles

The return was this:
maxfiles            256                     unlimited.

I tried attaching a photo of the output but got a message back saying it was held because it was too big (the file was about 6mb).

I wonder if this would mean mac os only allows 256 connections at once?  How could I modify my torrc file to not go over the max allowed connections by mac os and still be a useable relay?

Thank you.