[tor-relays] control who can connect me

George george at queair.net
Wed Apr 25 23:00:00 UTC 2018

teor:

>> On 26 Apr 2018, at 01:33, dave` dave <daved7082 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you all for your answers. so if i can't control on the access
>> to my Exit-Relay i can control on the access to my SSH which used
>> to run this Exir-Relay.
>
> You asked in another thread how to build a circuit like:
>
> Client - Bridge - Middle - Exit - Website
>
> Where your Bridge and Exit are on the same IP address.
>
> Unless there's some reason you absolutely need to use Tor, you should
> use a VPN, because you are getting the same level of anonymity. (Not
> much, if any.)

I'm curious about the specific reason, but assume the OP has it.

Bridges are meant as mitigation against the blocking of known Tor IP
addresses. Some nation-states, corporations and providers blocked Tor
exit IPs, since again, they are public. All public Tor IPs, including
non-exit relays, are also being blocked on occasion.  Bridge IPs are not
easy to enumerate, and therefore more difficult to block on the IP level.

So to use the same IP address for both a bridge and an exit makes no
(usual) sense.

34A6 0A1F F8EF B465 866F F0C5 5D92 1FD1 ECF6 1682