[tor-relays] Consensus Weight Definiton

torix at protonmail.com torix at protonmail.com
Mon Apr 23 12:44:16 UTC 2018

Dear Keifer,

I run a small relay at home as well.  (I've never had more than 4,000/4,500 connections, and my home router seems to have had no problem.)  However, guessing from the tor docs on my ISP that I should keep my monthly throughput to 1TB or so, I put some daily bandwidth limits on it.  Before the dos mitigation came out a couple of months ago, I would hit the limits every other day or so, and my relay would shut down until midnight.  So I never had a stable flag for months, and still had plenty of traffic.

HTH,

--torix

​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​