[tor-relays] Guard node configuration?

Jonathan Marquardt mail at parckwart.de
Sat Apr 21 21:39:09 UTC 2018

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 04:51:19PM -0400, Gabe D. wrote:
> Hi guys. I've a relay running on Tor. It's an exit node now. And I noticed
> it has an entry guard flag which is great. But probability of it being an
> entry relay is 0%. How can I utilise this server to be an entry relay? How
> does one configure this and how does it work?

Exit relays are not used as guards because their bandwidth is more valuable if
it is used as exit capacity, as there are many more non-exit than exit relays
on the network.

See: https://blog.torproject.org/lifecycle-new-relay
"Phase three", third paragraph
--
OpenPGP Key: 47BC7DE83D462E8BED18AA861224DBD299A4F5F3
             https://www.parckwart.de/pgp_key