[tor-relays] Tor Relay Stable Flag

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 22:33:41 UTC 2018

> On 12 Apr 2018, at 01:33, Keifer Bly <keifer.bly at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is there a way I can find out what the current weighted mbtf is? Thank you.

The thresholds vary on each directory authority. They are
stable-uptime (~15 days) and stable-mtbf (~26 days) in this table:
https://consensus-health.torproject.org/#flagthresholds
Each figure is in seconds.

Your relay's uptime is listed in its descriptor, in its heartbeat
messages, or on relay search.

Your relay's weighted MTBF is different on each directory authority.
It isn't published by the directory authorities.

My advice: just keep your relay as stable as you can, and it will
probably get Stable. If it doesn't after a month or so, try a more
reliable provider.

Relay flags are chosen so clients get the best network experience.
Missing a few flags for a while doesn't really matter.