[tor-relays] Tor Relay Stable Flag

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 11:17:02 UTC 2018

> On 11 Apr 2018, at 20:54, Gary <jaffacakemonster53 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello.
>
> Relay Search is about can be about 3 hours behind.
>
>> On 11 April 2018 at 08:46, Keifer Bly <keifer.bly at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  I am also wondering, does how long a relay is offline for after loosing the stable flag effect how long it takes for the relay to regain it’s stable flag?
>>

> I think it is about 4 days

That's the HSDir flag:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/dir-spec.txt#n2524

> but I am sure someone more knowledgeable can provide a more specific number.

Stable is based on weighted mean time before failure (MTBF).

A Stable relay must be either:
* higher than the median weighted MTBF, or
* have a weighted MTBF of more than 7 days.

As a quick guide, your relay should be up for 1-2 weeks to get Stable.

Here are the details:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/dir-spec.txt#n2470