[tor-relays] Outdated relay versions are they secure to use?

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Tue Apr 3 14:55:00 UTC 2018

rule of thumb:
never mess with tor's path selection unless you really know
what you are doing.

> If I receive a message saying this relay uses an outdated version does that
> mean that my traffic is any less secure?

potentially yes, but that does not mean you should not use it since not using
it (i.e. by excluding all relays that are not recommended) would potentially be worse
than using them regardless of their tor version

> Does Tor take potentially insecure relay versions in to account when
> creating circuits?

No.

--
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu