[tor-relays] Individual Operator Exit Probability Threshold

Scott Bennett bennett at sdf.org
Tue Sep 26 12:14:41 UTC 2017

dawuud <dawuud at riseup.net> wrote:

> > I think it is worth remembering that there isn't evidence there is a
> > global passive adversary at the moment, even if certain agencies and
> > organizations clearly aspire to be one.
>
> Quite so. It is well established that these so called agencies do not
> aspire to be passive. Or perhaps you simply typed the word "passive" by
> shear force of habit and instead meant to convey "suffiently global adversary". :)

     Curiouser and curiouser!  So, dawuud, you imply that habit has a
velocity vector(!) and that it changes over distance(!!) in one or more
dimensions, and thus exerts a shear force on...what?  A typist's fingers
and hand placed within the volume where shear is present?  Strong enough,
perhaps, to roll them up and maybe even break a wrist?  Well, I guess one
lives and learns!  (Hint:  you misplaced a homonym.:)

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
* Internet:   bennett at sdf.org   *xor*   bennett at freeshell.org  *