[tor-relays] Individual Operator Exit Probability Threshold

John Ricketts john at quintex.com
Fri Sep 22 13:04:28 UTC 2017

All,

I have brought this question  up in meetings in Seattle and other places so some of you may have already heard me ask this question.  So, at risk of repeating the question for some... here goes.

I am about to fire up more Exit Relays  and if I do so I will jump from my roughly 3% of Exit Probability to what technically could easily reach 6-8%.

I would like to know everyone’s opinion on having an individual operator have that much exit share.  In my case, all the traffic would be coming from the same AS as well, but distributed over four different cities with different upstream carriers.

Please chime in, if I get the a green light from the discussion it will happen within a month.

Sincerely,
John L. Ricketts, PhD
Quintex Alliance Consulting