[tor-relays] abuse email for non-exit relay (masergy)

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 12:11:44 UTC 2017

> On 22 Sep 2017, at 16:41, x9p <tor.relays at x9pneu.com> wrote:
>

>> There are two ways this can happen:
>>
>> Someone set up a tor relay on the "client", and your relay connected
>> to it.
>>
>> Someone is using the hidden service rendezvous protocol to ask non-exit
>> relays to scan non-tor IP addresses. Specifying a remote address is a
>> feature of the protocol. We have mitigations in place in newer tor
>> relay versions to stop scanning of local addresses, and to provide
>> limited information to the scanning client.
>>

> While the subject is not cleared, I suggest firewall rules to stop the
> communication between ORPort and RFC1918 ranges.

Tor relays don't connect to RFC1918 ranges by default.

Read the man page entries for these options for more details:
ExtendAllowPrivateAddresses
DirAllowPrivateAddresses
ExitPolicyRejectPrivate

So you could set up firewall rules, but if they're ever triggered, it's
a bug, and we want to know about it.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n