[tor-relays] A Common Thread: Guard Status

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 04:07:45 UTC 2017

> On 20 Sep 2017, at 09:59, Sebastian Urbach <sebastian at urbach.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Kurt,
>
> Guard" -- A router is a possible Guard if all of the following apply: - It is Fast. - It is Stable. - Its Weighted Fractional Uptime is at least the median for "familiar" active routers, - It is "familiar", - Its bandwidth is at least AuthDirGuardBWGuarantee (if set, 2 MB by default), OR its bandwidth is among the 25% fastest relays.
>
> You don't have the stable flag. Details:
>
> https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/dir-spec.txt

You don't have the stable flag from a *majority* of directory
authorities, but you do have it from 1 right now:

https://consensus-health.torproject.org/consensus-health.html#E65D300F11E1DB12C534B0146BDAB6972F1A8A48

Check back in a week if the number of directory authorities voting
stable for your relay hasn't changed, and we'll look into it.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n